Saturday, September 26, 2009

Bengals: What are the Chances...?

I have to admit, tomorrow's game at Cincinnati makes me nervous, more so than next week's home game versus San Diego. If Cincy can overcome a slew of penalties and a couple of bad interceptions by Carson Palmer and still win by 7 points at Green Bay, I see no reason why the Bengals can't beat the Steelers in the Jungle. In fact, if Cincy can keep its collective composure for four quarters I think the Bengals might very well pull out an upset.

Of course, history is on Pittsburgh's side. Big Ben hasn't yet lost a start in Cincinnati - or the state of Ohio, for that matter - and it's not difficult to imagine the Bengals losing their discipline and coming unglued at an inopportune time. That's why I'm picking the Steelers - assigning a 55 percent chance of victory - in spite of the fact that I can't really find a quantifiable reason why they'll be successful.

"What are the Chances...." is 1-1 thus far in 2009, and 40-14 all-time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home